Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hello Pot...This is Kettle

Yep, That's me!

Why is it that I know that God has redeemed me, changed me, forgiven me; but when it comes to other people I knew back in the day, my immediate thought is "no way-there's no way they could have changed"? Why? Does anyone else do this? Or is it just me? ;)

I was hit with this thought the other day, pretty sure it was the Holy Spirit reminding me to check myself. And I must admit that I am ashamed that I have not just done this on occasion, but it happens a lot. I will see someone on Facebook, or someone will mention somebody, and I will think "Oh my goodness, so-and-so was always up to no good, they were a mess!" Hmmmm....let's check this situation....So basically, I shout it from the rooftops of what miracles God has done in my life, but I don't think that He could do the same with others? WOW! Talk about hypocritical! I have always thought of myself as someone who truly sees the good in people, which has sometimes also been a double edged sword for me. Apparently this is not always the case. Oops!

Basically, I am writing this tonight not to condemn myself, but to encourage others that may be doing the same thing (without realizing it of course) to stop and pray for that person. Pray that if God hasn't worked in their life, that He would break down any barriers they have up (probably thanks to hypocrites like me). Pray that they would get to know our sweet heavenly Father like I do. Pray that they would no longer believe the lies that they can't change, or that God couldn't possibly love them. And most of all, pray that we would all be able to stop seeing things through blurry judgemental glasses. I truly wish I could see everybody through God's glasses!

I love something our Pastor said about hypocrites this weekend, he said not hypocrites, but sinful humans. Yes, that is it for sure! Even though I am a child of God, changed forever, I am still a sinful human! And now, that I have been shown this weakness that I have, I will try harder tomorrow to change my thoughts on people that I don't even know anymore. And those that I still do know.

No comments: