Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Being a Mother

Ok, so growing up I thought that being a mother had to be the best job ever! You know, cuddling sweet babies, and having them be at my becking call...However, as I am learning, there is definitely a lot more to being a mom than baking cookies and kissing boo-boos. Although we love baking cookies, and there are a lot of boo-boos with two boys. Now, I do still believe that being a mother is the best job ever, I just also know that it is the toughest job I have ever done too. One thing I have to go on, is that God is behind me all the way. Now if I can just call on Him immediately and not lean on my own fleshy ways, then life would probably be much more enjoyable at The Mainquist household. One thing that I am learning from the most amazing godly women that have been placed in my life, is that this life is short, this life is nothing compared to eternity with our Father. I can't wait! But in the meantime, I want to do the job that He has placed me here to do. While there are days that it is hard just to get out of bed, I have made a promise to God to meet with Him and read His word every morning since January. While there are times that I feel like I am not exactly understanding it when I read it, it is amazing to me how it never fails that later that same day He puts something or someone in my life and low and behold He brings His truth to me with application and ability on how to use it! I think that something He is still teaching me, is when to listen. Some of my friends can tell you that I sometimes talk to much! I have really been working on the listening part, because I figure that if I can't listen to my friends, I am probably going to have a hard time listening to God.

Well, enough babbling about me, we are getting ready to go on a mini vacation. We leave Sat morning, to drive to Schulenburg to visit our sweet friends The Vaughans (whom I know will one day be back in this area :)). Our story about them will have to wait for another day, but Pamela is my dear sweet friend that God used to through to get me. I am so glad she listened to Him! After hanging out with them for the weekend, we are going to drive down to Galveston to hang out at the beach! Wooo-Hooo! Texas coastline here we come! I promise to post pics when we get back!

No comments: