Friday, July 18, 2008

Hearing God

Ok, so today we are at Chisolm Park Aquatic center (after learning that our community pool was closed for the day). After awhile, my oldest Dalton (5), decided he wanted to jump off the diving board. Seriously?!? Oh my goodness I am not ready for this...he is only 5! He is about to start kindegarten (which I am also not ready for)! Ok, so anyway he goes to stand in line at the diving board and looks so teeny-tiny (there are like high school kids standing there too). He gets up to take his turn, and the life guard lets him know that he can't wear his goggles into the diving pool.???? So as I go to retrieve the goggles, he decides to get down.....uggghhhh...he will not go without his goggles! Seriously?! Which actually I think he was more embarrassed upset, than mad upset. He thought the life guard yelled and was mad at him. :(

So after the no diving thing, can you hear my sigh of relief? He later wanted to ride the curvy slides again by himself, now this was not a problem earlier, but apparently now it was. He didn't want to go up the stairs by himself. Here is our conversation:

Me: Honey, I can't go up the steps with Carson and come back down again. (we already had that experience earlier. Carson is 2)
Dalton: But, the steps are scary.
Me: Do you see that boy right there on the stairs?
D: Where?
Me: Right there, black and grey swim shorts.
D: Do you know him?
Me: No, but see how we can see all the stairs from here?
D: Yes.
Me: I will be watching you the whole way, I am always with you, always watching out for you. If something were to happen to you, I am right there to take care of you.
D: OK

Alright so in this AHA! moment God tapped me on the shoulder ( I am pretty sure it was Him)and said did you hear Me? So in this crazy day at the water park, and this wonderful and comical teaching moment with my son, God once again reminded my that He is always with me, never leaving me, never forsaking me. Do you sometimes think God gives us children to learn what He must feel like sometimes?

God: "Trust me my child, this path is the better path for you"
Me: "But I wanna go this way!!!"
God: "I know the plans I have for you. Plans for to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11)
Me: Nope, I think my way is better!
Fast forward 10 years...
Me: I promise Dalton, this way is better.
D: But I wanna go this way!
Me: I would never tell you something that would hurt you.
D: Nope. I know I want to go this way.
And then ofcourse, me kissing boo-boos is usually in there somewhere. :)

But, while I have learned that after having kids, that God is usually right. Ok, always right. And if I would listen to Him, then things would be so much easier. So why is it that 5 years and 2 kids later I am still having trouble listening? Hmmmmmmm?
Here are some really cute pics from today, and the almost diving experience.
See what I mean by the looking so tiny thing?
Excited at the diving board
Look how big those other kids are!

1 comment:

The Black's said...

Hey girl! Yeah for blogs! Your blog posts are so profound and deep...love 'em! I look forward to keeping up with ya this way. And no, we don't know anymore about what area in the Metroplex.