Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wrapping up 1st Grade

That's right folks! Dalton is officially a 2nd grader! It was a little touch and go there for a little bit, as we struggled with reading and attention span things, but he made it! And now, the kid is like a reading phenomenon (ok, slight exaggeration).

I thought I would include a few pics from their end of the year Luau party. These kids were truly a blast! I loved that Mrs Stanton had a little awards ceremony for the kids before the party! Dalton got the award for Most Positive Attitude, and was voted by his class most likely to be an astronaut! (Although, he felt jipped since he wants to be a police officer) I actually had to explain to him that he could still be a police officer even though his class voted someone else that spot. Poor thing, in his little mind I think he truly thought he was going to have to be an astronaut and that only the other little boy could be a police officer!

He's such a rule follower! I am blessed to have a child with such a big heart!


No comments: