Sunday, November 30, 2008

Off To Iowa We Go...

So Tue we were leaving for Iowa and our plan was to leave at 11:30am. Here is how the day played out:

8am Dalton went to school

8:30 I went to work for one client/friend
*Apparently, during this time Jason not only packed everything and the car, but he also cleaned the entire house! Spotless! (I have been slacking a little lately)

11am Dalton out of school

11:30 I came home from work and last minute Wal-Mart trip.
*Finish packing car and last minute things.
*Stop at McDonald's and Radio Shack

1:30 Finally on Highway headed out of town for a 10 hour trip!

4pm While driving down the road Jason and I realize that my fully packed roll-up bag has been left at home. (Due to a little miscommunication) This bag contained all children's meds, my meds, band-aids, toothbrushes, shampoos, skincare, make-up, deodorant, etc. AAAAGGGGHHHH!

6:45 Arrive in Wichita, KS, eat at Cracker Barrel

8pm Stop at Wal-Mart and buy meds, band-aids, deodorant, toothbrushes, a little make-up to get me by for 5 days. (Which by the way, they do not carry Bare Minerals) And I was trying to be cost conscious.

9:30 Finally back on road-Wooo-Hooo!

Driving......

Driving......

At some point, Jason and I switched so he could rest a little...

More Driving...

1:45am about 10 minutes from Grandma's house, we pull up on a road crew-guess what? Road closed! They are moving farm equipment (or something like that) So we have to go about 15 minutes out of our way- up and around)

2:12am Arrive at Grandma Mildred's house in Iowa! Only 13 hours!


Did I also mention that I spent most of the trip crawling back and forth over the back seats to help the boys with their video games and movies-all the while trying not to squish the dog. Yes, you read right-Levi was with us! While he is a pretty decent dog, he remains a thorn in my side!

Needless to say, we decided to re-evaluate the seating situation on the way home.

No comments: